Santa fe, flagstaff, grand canyon

I left colorado springs Tuesday morning.

Since then:

Somewhere north new Mexico- met a guy named anthony or something. Saw him waving on the side of the highway so I picked him up. His car had run out of gas. So I took him to get some and back. Very cool guy. Gave me fifteen bucks.

Santa Fe - for some reason I went through Santa fe very quickly. I love northern new Mexico but wasn't feeling it when I drove through. I also Realized there that I'm not in this to see cities. Every city has its interesting points in achitecture and differing ethnicities (alot of native American in the southwest very cool) but other than that it is the same. The same oppresed minorities and the same rich guys in f-350's on their cell phones, the same applebees walmart goodwill hooters holiday in tacobell subway in every other part of the country. No offense Santa fe its not your fault.

Flagstaff - I like flagstaff alot. It is mostly devoid of the typical junk. Flagstaff was fresh out of a blizzard when I arrived. Snow piled up seven feet on the curbs. I got there around sunset and parked in a nieghborhood to take photos of the huge snow drifts and the cars they covered, I realized I was out of film and was approached by a man claiming I put a bunch of clthes in his dumpster. I said he dude that's not my stuff and he said yes it is you areparked in front of it. So I said HEY leave me alone why would I put childrens clothes in your dumpster I'm nineteen so he called the police as I left. I guess I'm wanted in flagstaff now.


Grand canyon - I won't describe it. Go for yourself. I arived there yesterday morning and decided to go for a hike to thecanyon floor and back. Six miles down then six miles up all at a twenty percent grade. Jogged to the bottom and had lunch on the Colorado and started the journey up. A couple miles up I met a guy named Murray, a Jewish atheist with slight autism. Very smart man. He was very experienced and talked with me for thenext four hours. He also let me use one of his poles. A snow storm came in a mile I'd two from the top and Murray started shivering so I drove him back to the lodge. Thanks for all the help Murray.

The van- 8 degrees when I woke up this morning. The last week I've had to suck on my contacts to melt them and often have to wait a few hours before my penut butter unfreezes. Its all good though. I'm warm and I'm sleeping well.

Headed to- zion national park in Utah

2 comments:

CB said...

dude, flagstaff and the grand canyon are both beautiful.

Andrew Snyder said...

Living the dream. I love it man.

Contributors

Followers