A real good inauguration.

First of all I have to throw out a disclaimer that will hopefully apply to the entire post, I am not a political person. I believe the government should keep me and my friends safe and otherwise keep out of my business.

This performance of the new work composed by John Williams, "Air and Simple Gifts." by Yo-Yo Ma along with Itzhak Perlman on violin, Gabriela Montero on piano and Anthony McGill on clarinet was siqq. It really highlighted the whole Americana of the moment.



To me just the fact that that beautiful piece of music was included in the inauguration was a huge reminder of all things awesome about this country, along with the closing of Rev. Lowery's benediction speech...

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right.

Let all those who do justice and love mercy say amen.

AUDIENCE: Amen!

REV. LOWERY: Say amen --

AUDIENCE: Amen!

REV. LOWERY: -- and amen.

AUDIENCE: Amen! (Cheers, applause.)

END.

No comments:

Contributors

Followers