The way things happened, and my recolection of it.

I just edited a previous post. I didn't like it, so I changed it. Is that dishonest?

I find that my memory is kind to me considering the things I've done and been through. In essence its the same thing as editing a journal entry or blog post that you grow to dislike. Often times I have total memory blackout of bad events. Occasionally I'll have absolutely no recollection of certain people that I meet on bad days.

Inversely, triggers as small as an exit on the interstate or a certain perfume can undo all of the work you've done to forget certain hells.

I consider this to be nothing less than beautiful. What a person chooses to remember, is unable to erase, or manages to forget has an enormous impact on his or her quality of life and the content of his or her character, and shapes his or her actions and general approach to living.

Screw memories. Keep the recollection strong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is horrible, sir.

Contributors

Followers